Money Transmitter License Texas

Money Transmitter License Texas

Basic information about Texas Money Transmitter License

Texas Money Transmitter License is one of the Big 3 licenses (other two being California Money Transmitter License and New York Money Transmitter License)

The regulator that governs the money transmitter license in Texas is the Department of Banking.

The  Money Services Business contains all the relevant information that a new or renewing application would need with regarding to money transmitter license in Texas. As Money Transmitter Licenses in Texas are listed both on the NMLS Consumer Access Database, as well as the searchable database of money transmitters in Texas.

As always it is highly recommended you read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section on how to apply for a money transmitter license in Texas.

The application forms for money transmitter license in Texas are available on the main money services business section as well as on the application and forms section.

The Laws & Regulations section is extremely important. It enlists the various Supervisory Memorandums (which are a must read) under the Law & Guidance Manual,  as well as various enforcement orders related to MSBs.

The general money transmitter license application for Texas requirements overview can be accessed here.

The Texas Money Transmitter License Application can be accessed here.

Also recommended is to visit the Shipkevich PLLC page on Money Transmitter Law (albeit many links are out of date or missing).

If you would like us to evaluate your money transmitter license requirements and see how we can assist you in finding coverage for MTLs, please kindly fill in the application below. All information shared is treated confidential.

Money Transmitter License Application

You may also book an introductory call with us (no-cost / no-obligation) by clicking here.


Scroll to Top