Nebraska Money Transmitter License

Nebraska Money Transmitter License Overview

Who Regulates Money Transmitter Licenses in Nebraska?

According to the Nebraska Monetary Transmission Act, money transmitters operating in Nebraska are required to obtain a money transmitter license with the Nebraska Department of Banking and Finance. This includes businesses involved in the issuance/sale of payment instruments or receiving money for the purpose of transmission.

Nebraska MTL: Documents Required

In order to apply for a license in Nebraska, you will need to submit the following documents along with your application in NMLS:

  • Audited Financial Statements
  • Location of Authorized Delegates (if applicable)
  • Other trade name (if operating under a different name)
  • Registered Agent
  • Primary contact employees
  • Bank account information
  • Credit Report
  • Business Plan
  • Certificate of Authority/Good Standing Certificate
  • Company Staffing & Internal Policies
  • Sample contracts for consultants, or any third-party providers, and sample contracts of authorized agents, money transmission contracts.
  • Flow of Funds
  • Company formation documents
  • Organizational Chart
  • Surety Bond
  • Verification of Experience

There are a host of other documents that you might be required to submit, depending on your case. You can find them here.

Nebraska Money Transmitter License Cost

In order to apply for a money transmitter license in Nebraska, you need to pay an application fee of $1,000, be able to demonstrate a net worth of $50,000, have $2,500 in surety bonds premiums, and a few other government-related fees.

How to Apply for a Money Transmitter License in Nebraska?

This page was last updated on May 31, 2023.

Share with others...