Welcome to a video series I am putting together on how to start a money transfer business. It seems folks don’t have too much time to read lengthy articles or other blog posts, so I thought I’d give it a try by putting up small (read: short) videos that explain some of the nuances. Needless to say, you can argue, each video left this out, or left that out. That is true. Even though as small of a subject each video discusses, it is in NO way complete. There is so much information out there, I am not sure if I or anyone else would be able to compile it together.
Nonetheless, this is a small endeavor to try to achieve just that.
How To Start A Money Transfer Business?
- How To Start A Money Transfer Business? YouTube Series (Intro video)
- Financing – How are you getting the money to start this? Friends or Family?
- Monetary Requirement – How much money is required to start it?
- What “problem” are you trying to solve?
- Build versus Lease versus Buy – Which one is the right choice?
- Banking, License, Compliance, and Regulations!
- What Are Remittances?
- Why Are Remittances Important?
- Difference between MTL and MSB?
- What is Money Transmitter License and How Can You Get One?
- Do I Need A License To Start A Money Transfer Service?
- How many Money Transmitter Licenses do I require if I have to do business in the US?
- Licensing: Agent vs. Program Manager
- What is a Correspondent Tie-Up Agreement?
- What is a Pre-funded Account?
- What is a Payout Partner?
isa Good Funds Settled Model?
- What is an ISO and what do they do?
- How will you operate? As a License Holder or as an ISO?
- What is a Payment Account?
- What is a Flow of Funds (Time Motion Diagram)
- What is
- What is KYC?
- What is KYB?
- How Big is the P2P Remittance Market?
- How Big is the B2B Market?
- What is a Corridor Killer?
- Your Business Intelligence Plan?
- Negotiating with a Financial Institution – Are You a Good Negotiator?
- What Is A Decent Revenue Share For Using Someone Else’s License For Regulatory Coverage?
- How to Validate your Problem & Solution Via Field Research?
- Are You A Fintech That Is Going From Zero to One?
- What is Remittance-As-A-Service (RaaS)?
- What are the Pros and Cons of RaaS (Remittance-as-a-Service)?
- How Much Does Remittance-As-A-Service (RaaS) Cost?
- How Much Do I Charge For RaaS Consulting?
- What Does The Value Added Payment Stack in Remittances Look Like?
- Why Value-Added Payments In Remittances Reduces Financial Misappropriation?
- How Long Does It Take To Setup A Remittance-As-A-Service Solution?
- Is It Possible To Have
Real TimeTransfers in Money Transfer World?
- How Big Is The
Real TimePayments Economy in the Money Transfer World?
- What is Pre-Funding and How Does it Work?
- What is a Reserve Account?
- Why Do You Need a Money Transmitter License If You Are Licensed Outside the U.S.?
- What is a Term Sheet?
- What Is An FBO (For Benefit Of) Account?
- How Much Do Money Transmitter Licenses Cost?
- What Does A Program Manager Do?
- What Is A Program Manager? (Part II)
- What Is Source Of Funds (SOF)?
- Is There Fraud In The Money Transfer Industry?
- What is Netting Off and How Does it Work?
- What is Hawala (or Hundi)?
- What is Hawala? (Part Two)
- Is There Money To Be Made In The Money Transfer Business?
thereMoney To Be Made in the Money Transfer Business (Part II)?
- Are You A Small Money Transfer Operator? 12 Questions You Need To Ask Yourself.
- FinCEN Registration & Money Transmitter Licenses
- FinCEN MSB Definition for Transactions Under $1000 Per Person Per Day
- Is FinCEN Registration Free or Not?
- Why FinCEN Registration is NOT a License?
- What is Aggregation and How does it Work in the World of Money Transfer?
- What are Official and Unofficial Remittances?
- Unlicensed Money Transfer! What to do next?
- What is a Correspondent Tie-up? & Why is it Necessary?