How much money do I need to become an Agent?

In the United States, the amount of capital and money required to become an authorized delegate for a money transmitter can vary depending on the state in which you plan to operate and the specific requirements of the state’s financial regulatory agency. Some states may require you to maintain a certain level of capital to become an authorized delegate, while others may not have any capital requirements.

In addition to any capital requirements, you may also be required to maintain a certain amount of money on hand to cover the transmission of funds. This can be in the form of a reserve or a surety bond. The amount of money required for this purpose can also vary depending on the state in which you operate.

It is essential to research the specific requirements for becoming an authorized delegate in the state in which you plan to operate, as they can vary significantly. You can typically find this information on the website of the state’s financial regulatory agency, or by contacting the agency directly.

In addition, you may also look at the Fee/Cost structure for US Money Transmitter License Cost.

Also see: Summary Table for US Money Transmitter License.

This page was last updated on May 30, 2023.

Share with others...